Beaumont Fire Services launches new ladder truck into service
By The City of BeaumontDepartment News News Alberta Equipment firefighter
Apr. 18, 2023, Beaumont, Alta. – City of Beaumont has announced that the new Fire Services ladder truck has been launched into service, replacing the previous truck that was at the end of its service life.
The Rosenbauer Viper ladder truck, which cost $1.3 million, was approved by city council in the 2021 capital budget and is part of Beaumont’s proactive planning for long-term infrastructure needs to ensure community livability. This equipment is critical for allowing Fire Services respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies that require additional heights (up to 30 metres/100 feet), such as large structure fires, monitored alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, dangerous goods incidents and more.
The new ladder truck is equipped with several enhancements over the model it is replacing, including:
- Clean cab technology that ensures carcinogens are kept out of the inside of the fire truck, protecting our Fire Services members while they serve the community;
- Additional airbags and roll cages for protection in a motor vehicle accident; and
- Shorter turn radius of the vehicle for better access to residential neighbourhoods.
Print this page
- St. Marys Fire Department receives substantial donation to purchase much needed equipment
- Oshawa Fire Services opens state-of-the-art training facility