Canadian Firefighter Magazine

Headlines News
Careless smoking sparks seven fires in Langford, B.C.

June 26, 2019
By CBC News

June 26, 2019, Langford, B.C. – Since June 19, a Vancouver Island fire department has been called to seven fires, all caused by the same thing: discarded cigarette butts. Paul Obersteller, fire prevention officer with Langford Fire Rescue, said he believes it’s a combination of people tossing cigarette butts out the car window as they drive and people throwing them into garden beds. CBC News reports. | READ MORE