E-ONE receives order from the City of Varennes, Que., for fully electric Vector Rescue Decon truck
By CFF StaffHeadlines News Hot Topics
June 28, 2022, Ocala, FL – E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Fire Group, announces it is building an all-electric Vector Rescue Decon truck for the City of Varennes Fire Safety Service in Quebec; the first rescue truck using the first fully electric North America- style fire truck design.
REV Fire Group introduced its EV firetruck in August 2021, which utilizes 316 kilowatts of proven automotive grade batteries, and can be customized to accommodate specialized fire ground duties such as air support and decontamination of firefighters to remove carcinogens from gear after fighting structure fires.
Key features of the Vector Rescue Decon truck are:
- 100-inch-wide Cyclone cab with raised forward roof and rear vista
- Extruded aluminum walk-thru body with full height / full depth compartments on each side
- Upgraded air conditioning system with auxiliary A/C in the crew area of the cab and body
- Diesel fired interior area heaters with on-demand hot water heating capabilities for Decon
- Thermal battery management system
- 500-amps of available 12-volt power
- Range extender for emergency back-up power to stay on scene for extended duties
- 4-bottle DOT 6000 PSI cascade system, booster pump and 2 bottle fill station for air support
- Complete Decon package and shower inside the body with changing room for personnel
- Walk-through body design to cab allows for separation of duties with a dirty firefighter entering in the back door and emerging through the cab crew doors decontaminated.
Print this page
- Alberta first responders can access free daily texts to support mental health
- HURST Jaws of Life launches E3 CONNECT for industry’s first cloud-connected extrication tool line