Canadian Firefighter Magazine

Electrical grinder sparked hotel blaze: officials

By The Edmonton Journal   

Headlines News

April 2, 2019, Edmonton - A contractor used an extinguisher to douse smouldering insulation Friday morning at the Strathcona Hotel, believing he took care of the fire threat before the old building went up in flames that night, say investigators. Sparks from an electrical grinder ignited the insulation that then led to the 10 p.m. fire, Edmonton Fire Services said in a Monday news release. The Edmonton Journal reports. | READ MORE

Print this page


Stories continue below