Fatal Quebec fire believed to be accidental

The Canadian Press
October 10, 2017
Written by The Canadian Press
Oct. 10, 2017, Cap-Chat, Que. - Quebec provincial police say a house fire that caused the death of a woman and her two young twins in the province's Gaspe region was likely caused by a cooking fire.

They say the investigation isn't complete but all the evidence suggests the fire was accidental.

A police spokesperson said the smoke detector in the building wasn't working.

Julie Lemieux, 37, and her one-year-old children were pronounced dead in hospital after the fire broke out in their home in Cap-Chat early Sunday morning.

A dozen neighbours were also briefly evacuated.

Cap-Chat is a small town located almost 500 kilometres northeast of Quebec City.

Subscription Centre

 
New Subscription
 
Already a Subscriber
 
Customer Service
 
View Digital Magazine Renew

Most Popular

Latest Events

FFAO Convention
Mon Jul 30, 2018
IAFF Convention
Mon Aug 06, 2018
OACF Fire Con 2018
Thu Sep 06, 2018

Marketplace


We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. To find out more, read our Privacy Policy.