Montreal crews douse rooming house fire

May 19, 2017
Written by The Canadian Press
May 19, 2017, Montreal - Several people were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in early Friday in an east end rooming house.

The cause of the fire, which occurred about 1:30 a.m. in a rooming house at the corner of Hochelaga St. and Desjardins Ave. in the city’s Hochelaga-Maisonneuve district, is under investigation, although arson has been ruled out.

There were no injuries other than those suffered by residents overcome by smoke, all of whom were treated on site.

Add comment


Security code
Refresh

Subscription Centre

 
New Subscription
 
Already a Subscriber
 
Customer Service
 
View Digital Magazine Renew

Most Popular

Latest Events

FireFit Championships presented by Scott Safety
Sat May 27, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
New Brunswick Association of Fire Chiefs conference
Sat May 27, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
IFE Canada: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles seminar
Thu Jun 01, 2017 @ 1:00PM - 04:30PM
FireFit Championships presented by Scott Safety
Sat Jun 03, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
FireFit Championships presented by Scott Safety
Sat Jun 10, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM
FireFit Championships presented by Scott Safety
Sat Jun 17, 2017 @ 8:00AM - 05:00PM

Marketplace