Canadian Firefighter Magazine

Montreal crews douse rooming house fire

By The Canadian Press   

Headlines News

May 19, 2017, Montreal - Several people were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in early Friday in an east end rooming house.

The cause of the fire, which occurred about 1:30 a.m. in a rooming house at the corner of Hochelaga St. and Desjardins Ave. in the city’s Hochelaga-Maisonneuve district, is under investigation, although arson has been ruled out.

There were no injuries other than those suffered by residents overcome by smoke, all of whom were treated on site.


Print this page

Advertisement

Stories continue below