Canadian Firefighter Magazine

Nanaimo firefighters rescue boy from ventilation shaft

By Global News   

Headlines News

June 23, 2017, Nanaimo, B.C. - A Nanaimo boy is recovering after falling through a steel grate and breaking his leg at Dover Bay Secondary School Thursday morning. The fire department got a call just before 9 a.m. and using technical rescue gear that included baskets and ropes, they were able to hoist the victim out of the air intake shaft a little more than an hour later. Global News reports. | READ MORE

Print this page


Stories continue below