By CFF Staff
By CFF Staff
Pierce Manufacturing, in partnership with its Quebec, Canada exclusive Pierce dealer, L’Arsenal, has secured an order for five Ascendant 100’ Heavy-Duty Aerial Towers for the City of Montreal Fire Department. The apparatus will be built on the Pierce Arrow XT custom chassis, designed for high-volume departments.
“The City of Montreal Fire Department faces unique challenges as the second most populous city in Canada with unique geographic attributes and infrastructure design,” said Jean Thibault, president of L’Arsenal in a news release. “The configurations offered by the apparatus address the need for a more compact and maneuverable fire truck with lower travel height, shorter overhang, and lighter weight – without having to compromise on aerial performance.”
Other key features include:
- Mid-mount configuration that can also satisfy the needs of the traditional rear-mount market
- Length under 42’ and lower overall height (as low as 10′ 8″)
- 1,000 lb. dry / 500 lb. wet payload capacity
- Up to 20-degree below grade operation and 50-degree below grade scrub area
- Integrated ground pads for rapid aerial operation setup
For a comprehensive review of Pierce’s Ascendant Class of Aerials, visit www.piercemfg.com for specs, video, and images.