Canadian Firefighter Magazine

Port Hope homeowner billed for fire

By Northumberland News   

Headlines News

Oct. 27, 2016, Port Hope, Ont.- When a rural resident's chimney caught fire in February, the homeowner called the municipal fire department under the assumption his taxes covered the cost to extinguish the blaze. The resident was then surprised when his insurance company received an invoice for nearly $7,000 from a company called Fire Marque. The Northumberland News reports | READ MORE

Print this page


Stories continue below