Canadian Firefighter Magazine

Smoke deactivated at scene of fatal fire

By CBC News   

Headlines News

Sept. 13, 2016, Toronto - A fire that left a man dead in a low-rise Scarborough apartment building early Saturday was caused by unattended cooking, Toronto Fire Services says. The Ontario Fire Marshal's office determined the cause during its investigation, in which it also found that there were no batteries in the smoke alarm in the ground-floor unit where the flames broke out before 5:15 a.m. CBC News reports. | READ MORE


Print this page

Advertisement

Stories continue below